Today I am blogging over at blogs.bible.org about conversation starters with kids. Here is what I shared:
Whether you have kids, or you teach kids, or you just simply know kids, questions come in handy.
If you’ve ever struggled with getting to know a child better, perhaps some of the following questions may work as great conversation starters.
Questions about Their Day or Week (depending on how long it has been since you saw them last):
- What’s the best thing that happened to you this week?
- Do you have any funny stories from school today?
Questions about Them:
- What season is your birthday in? Do you ever wish it was at a different time of year?
- What do you like most about your brother/sister?
- What do you hope your younger brother or sister learns from you?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Would you rather spend more time inside or outside?
- What is the last movie you watched?
- Do you have a favorite book?
Questions to Encourage Imagination:
- If you could have any animal in the world as a pet, what would it be?
- If you could only eat one food for a week, what would it be?
- If you could decorate your room any way you wanted, what would you do?
Questions about Spiritual Topics:
- What is the funniest Bible name you’ve heard?
- What do you like or dislike about going to church?
- Where is your favorite place to read your Bible?
- How would you describe God?
- Do you ever talk about God with friends at school?
- Do you ever struggle to find the right words to say to God or do they come naturally?
Do you have any conversation starters? Comment with your favorites!